Simon’s family wish all of his friends and supporters a very happy Christmas and a good 2009. Raise a glass to him at New Year.
The Eye Fund has had a very good first year: upwards of £26,000 has been raised. There is a counsellor already working at a Wirral Eye Clinic, funded by The Eye Fund. Next year 2 more counsellors will be helping people like Simon, in London and Liverpool.
We would like to thank everyone. Please keep helping. Have you thought of a monthly donation of as little as £5? Download the form for more information. Every little helps!
A lot of folks have been checking out the site since Phil set it up and have been helping out The Eye Fund in various ways.
We thought that an update on progress from the family would be appropriate.
- The calendars are now selling really well, but there are still lots more to be sold. Are you sure you have made your order for some?
- Groups of friends have been doing various things to help our fund-raising, not least Simon’s friends in Ipplepen in Devon, who not only raised an amazing £700 from a pub quiz, but have suggested doing the same next year.
- The team of hairdressers I work with are doing a fund raising Saturday. All of the 12 staff will be working in pyjamas and collecting money and selling calendars.
- Paul’s brother, Michael Sherry, is being given a donation of £750 from the drama group in Lutterworth. Michael designs and makes all of the scenery and props for them.
- I could go on but I really mustn’t forget Simon’s nephews, Jacob 13, Jamie 11 and Ciaran 8, who personally raised £350 between them for “Uncle Simon’s” fund.
- When we met Professor Bird and Andrew Webster at Moorfields Eye Hospital last week – where the very first “Simon’s ” counsellor will work – we were gratified to realise that we nearly had enough for the first year’s counselling.
Please keep helping. Simon was such an amazing, brave and unique boy. We owe it to him to do him proud.
Thank you everyone.
Carol (Simon’s Mum)